WHAT WE COLLECT
We obtain information about you from a variety of sources depending on our relationship with you. The following are examples of the types of personal information that we collect and how we use that information:
|ACTIVITY||EXAMPLES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED||PRIMARY PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION AND USE|
|Account Registration||When you create an account, we collect your name and e-mail address. We may also collect your birthday and hair and skin identity/needs. You can choose to save certain information in your account to use for future purchases, such as your shipping addresses.||We use this information to maintain your account, including offering functionalities such as easy checkout and the ability to save user preferences and transaction history.|
|Laika Tribe Program||When you join the Laika Tribe Program, we collect your name, the month and day of your birthday, phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address. When you use your Laika Tribe account, we collect information about your purchase history and rewards activity.||We use this information to administer the Laika Tribe Program and to perform our contract to provide you with the benefits associated with the program. We also use this information to detect security incidents and to protect against malicious, deceptive, or fraudulent activity in connection with Laika Tribe Program terms and conditions.|
|Communications With Us||When you communicate with us, including contacting us for support, to provide feedback or comments, to participate in a survey, or to make a request or other inquiry, we will collect your name and contact information (such as e-mail address or phone number), as well as any other information that you choose to provide to us. In some cases, we record customer service calls for quality assurance.||We use this information to respond to and/or follow-up on your issues or feedback, and to provide information in response to you requests and inquiries.|
|Laika Beauty Events||When you book a reservation for one of our services, classes, or when you RSVP for one of our events, we collect your contact information.||We use this information to send you messages about your appointments and events.|
|In store and online beauty services||For some online, Salon, and in-store digital/physical experiences, you may elect to submit (or we may ask your permission to take) pictures of your skin, hair, or other images of you. For example, if you get a hair and skin analysis, we will capture images of your skin/hair and you may need to fill out more personal questions to help deliver the best/reliable analysis.||We use this information to provide services, to better understand our customers’ needs, and to provide personalized recommendations about our products and services.|
|Job Applications||If you apply for a job posting, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your statutory details etc. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use this information to make decisions about recruitment and in anticipation of a contract of employment.|
|Posting in Public Forums||If you choose to submit or post information in a public space on our websites, or on our social media pages, such as creating a public profile, using our Ratings & Reviews feature to share product reviews, submitting content as part of Laika Tribe member , or leaving a testimonial about a Laika Beauty influencer, we collect the information you share.||We use this information to understand your opinions and to provide a forum for discussion, asking questions, posting photos and reviews, and sharing experiences.|
|Promotional Communications||When you sign up to receive promotional communications from us, such as e-mail communications, mobile messages (including text and/or push notifications), and postal mailings, we collect your contact information. We may also collect certain information about how you interact with the e-mails and promotional messages we send you.||We use this information to communicate with you and send promotional materials such as trend alerts, promotions, new product launches, and event invitations. We also use this information to understand how you interact with our communications with you.|
|Purchasing (Online and In Stores)||When you place an order for a product or service on our websites, social media or by phone, we collect your name, shipping address, payment information, and billing address. When you make a purchase in one of our stores, we collect your payment information, and in some cases your phone number and e-mail address.||We use this information to fulfill your orders for products or services, and to process your payments for such products or services. We also use this information to provide you receipts and order updates.|
In addition to the personal information we collect from you directly, we may also obtain information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our corporate affiliates, social networks, vendors that provide services on our behalf, or publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use personal information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our stores or website.
- To fulfill your requests, such as to provide you with products and services or to process.
- To communicate with you about your orders, subscriptions, and reservations, as well as our products, services, sales, offers, and promotions.
- To conduct research and analytics, including improving our services and product offerings.
- To send marketing and advertising communications.
- To detect security incidents, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- To provide and maintain the functionality of our website, including identifying and repairing errors or problems.
- To support core business functions, including to maintain records related to business process management, loss and fraud prevention, and to collect amounts owing to us.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Corporate Affiliates. We may share personal information with our corporate affiliates, including.
- Service providers. We share certain personal information with third parties that perform services to support our core business functions and internal operations (e.g., fulfilling orders, delivering packages, complying with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, administering our Ratings & Reviews, supporting beacons, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service).
- Legal Process. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government inquiries or investigations, or to comply with relevant laws and regulations. We may also disclose information to establish, exercise, or protect the rights of our company, employees, agents, and affiliates; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the safety and security of our visitors; to detect and protect against fraud; and to take action regarding possible illegal activities or violations of our policies.
- Business transfers. We may share personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of Laika Beauty, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. Laika Beauty may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We realize that individuals trust us to protect their personal information. We maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect your personal information in our possession, no method of transmission over the internet, or security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
For your convenience, our websites include functionality that allows you to remain logged in so that you do not have to re-enter your password each time you want to access your account. If you choose to remain logged in, you should be aware that anyone with access to your device will be able to access and make changes to your account and may be able to make purchases through your account. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged in, we strongly recommend that you take appropriate steps (such as enabling the “Passcode Lock” security feature on your mobile device) to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your account. Please also notify us as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or password.
COMMUNICATIING WITH US
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, you can contact Laika Beauty by telephone, or e-mail:
Laika Beauty Lounge
Shop.30 Gigiri Box Park, Un Avenue, Nairobi
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY